The mandate of the Waste Management Committee is:
- to advise and make recommendations to Council concerning waste management activities in the Town of Antigonish;
- to gather information on best practices regarding the collection, transportation and disposal of solid waste, organics, recyclables, household hazardous waste and bulky waste;
- to educate the public on waste management issues;
- to take other steps consistent with this policy that the committee reasonably deems necessary to carry out its mandate;
- to take action on such matters as are lawfully delegated to it by statute or by Council.
NOT YET POSTED