Are you new to Antigonish? We welcome you and look forward to having you in our community!
We have lots to offer to help you get settled and enjoy your new life here.
Several organizations and groups are here to welcome newcomers and help you find what you need.
- Antigonish Cultural Connections provides a meeting place for the many cultures represented in the Antigonish community and to welcome newcomers. It hosts regular potluck (food sharing) gatherings.
- The ESL Friendship Café offers sessions for people living or studying in Antigonish whose first language is other than English. Enjoy opportunities to have conversations and practice English skills and learn about the local culture and customs. Make new friends.
- The Antigonish Town and County Library, popularly known as the People’s Place is a hub of community activities, culture, learning, Antigonish resources and friendly help from the library staff. Ask them how to get started. PARL also offers the Newcome Welcome Page, which is intended to provide information on a range of topics to help you get situated in the area.
Finding the information you need
- Are you interested in setting up a new business? Thinking of opening a business, investing or re-locating? The Antigonish area is home to a highly educated workforce amidst a growing population. Economic stability is provided by the educational and health services. With a central location and time zone benefits, close proximity to the largest city in Atlantic Canada, and competitive business costs, the Antigonish area possesses strategic advantages for entrepreneurs and corporations alike. Please visit the Business section of our website for more information on the opportunities waiting in Antigonish.
- Are you settling in Antigonish and need to set up your home or apartment? Please contact Town Hall for any information you need! Staff at Town Hall are willing to provide you with any infromation you may be looking for, such service information for electricty, water, and sewer connections and rates, as well as building or renovation-related inquiries. We are here to help!
- Looking for something fun to do? Our Department of Recreation has a wealth of information on recreational opportunities in the Town of Antigonish and the surrounding area. For event listings, please go to the Visit Antigonish page for more information.
- Are you looking for employment opportunities or information on our educational institutions? The town and county are home to schools that cater to the needs of students primary to twelve as well as the world famous St. Francis Xavier University. In addition there are a variety of non-profit and government agencies in place to assist individuals and family members with learning or developmental difficulties. On top of that you will find many support systems and resources in our area to help you develop a fulfilling career. Please click here for more information, or visit the Pictou-Antigonish Regional Library's Newcomer Welcome Centre (Education) page.
- Are you in need of health information? The Pictou-Antigonish Regional Library has compiled information related to finding a family doctor, arranging an appointment at a walk-in clinic, and other health related services on their Newcomer Welcome Centre (Health) page.
Can't find what you're looking for? Please contact the Town of Antigonish's Special Projects Coordinator who can help you find answers to all your Community-related inquiries.